Important drum creation workshop information
Thank you for joining us! We're excited to be sharing drum medicine with you!
We will start at 10am. If you are late, you will miss out on group connection, cleanses, and possibly steps of your drum building. (we'll do the steps for you until you arrive.)
This is a long process, please honor that we have all agreed to live in a world where time seems to be "real" to the collective. If you:
- know you're always late, tell yourself this starts at 9am.
- are paying your final balance in person, please arrive 15 minutes early.
- need private time before starting, arrive early.
YOU NEED TO BRING:
- An apron or wear play clothes. You will be sanding, staining, & working with wet animal skin.
- Food/drinks. Bring what you want. Many prefer "clean eating" for this. If you are participating in an all-day workshop, remember lunch.
- A chair.
- Optional - wood for your drumstick. We have plenty of alder drumsticks. But, if you have a piece of wood that is special to you, fits comfortably in your hand and is about the length of your forearm and hand together, you can use it to make your drumstick.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- This will take at least as long as we said it would! Please don't add stress to yourself by planning anything important or time sensitive afterword. It cannot be faster than it is.
- This is physically and mentally demanding. You will stand for hours. Your hands will hurt by the time you're done. You will tighten it more times than you want to.
- You will learn to accept imperfection.
- You will have fun and take home an amazing medicine drum & drumstick!
We are positive you will LOVE your drum! However, If you are unhappy with your drum after at least one month of regularly working with it, and did not abuse it any way, (as your care sheet lists) contact us to exchange it. We may decide to create the replacement for you, instead of having you do it again. We'll discuss this with you.
$100 Deposits are required one month before the workshop. Fully refundable until 30 days before the workshop. If you need to cancel, please give us 48 hours' notice! Once we put the hides into the water, they must be made the next day.
The cancelation policy on drum birthing workshops depends on how much notice you give:
- 48 hours' notice - we will reschedule you at our convenience.
- less than 48 hours' notice - we will build the drum for you. You can pay the balance due & shipping to receive it or use your deposit as store credit for any of our items within 60 days of your scheduled workshop. Store credit not used within 60 days will be considered a donation to Spirit Risings travel funds.
- We will only reschedule you one time.
Spirit Risings team is not full blooded Native American and does not have an official tribe affiliation. Michael and Angela honor the teachings of their ancestors, mentors, spirit and mother earth. Angela is blessed to be part Native (5%) of the Peace River Canada area Cree tribe. We are honored to have been taught how to teach others to connect with mother earths heartbeat through the drum. Michaels family has stories of being part Cherokee & Seminole.